Monday, July 13, 2009

Male Stupidity Syndrome

In what I consider to be part of the natural universe, I often come across men doing stupid things. This weekend was one of those not so rare times when I get to see the male population as if I am not part of it and explore some of the more unintelligent life here on earth.

At an open house for a nudist resort, I was able to see a group of visitors who came to visit the nudist resort without their wives. I am not sure how most of the rest of the male population is wired, but I would no more go to a nudist venue without my wife than I would go without my towel. As I see it, the mere fact the guys left their wives at home is a break in their marriage vowels.

Of the many married males coming to the open house, most did not want to give us contact information in case of emergencies. Being that most of them would have their wives as their In Case Of Emergency contact, I can only assume that most married men were there without their spouses knowing what they were doing. This is a shame.

Although these men are not necessarily under the rules and laws of God, it does bode poorly for our nudist world when a husband would be willing to head off to a nudist resort without his wife.

First off, he can never take her to that resort or park. He has already been there. When he arrives and they ask him if he has been there before, he has to say, Yes. Once he does, his wife is going to know that he broke his faith with her and she is going to associate the park with that breach.

Second, if the husband wanted to investigate the resort before taking his wife there, and I think this is a good policy, he would have no problem giving us his emergency contact information. he is starting out a relationship with the park under the basis of a lie. He has broken trust with the park and by association, caused his wife to break trust with the park.

The one male syndrome I see that irritates me the most is the partner swap specifically to enter the nudist parks. A male finds a willing female, not his wife, to enter the resort with. Not only does he deceive the park, his wife, and any people he meets, he causes another woman to come between him and his wife.

I am not the keeper of all men. I am not responsible for their decisions, but I certainly am responsible to my community. These men should be ashamed for depriving their spouses of the beauty and life in our communities.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get down from the soap box and place it back in my closet.

How do the rest of you feel?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too feel it is a shame.
But often, men feel they are "protecting" their wives by saying "what she doesn't know won't hurt her". Or "If I'm incriminated, she is innocent". They don't realize what happens to him, happens to her.

Aside from that, yeah, we men do pretty stupid stuff I guess.

Boyd

Unknown said...

I think the marriage "vowels" must be "IOU". ;-)

If men are there under false pretenses or secretly I certainly agree with you. Even for those who are there with spousal consent I have to wonder how many wive's say "yes, that's okay" as a test of some sort which happens on occasion in other areas of life.

On the other hand - in an ideal world should social nudism be treated all that differently than any other "hobby" as long as it's not out of balance with other activities? There were some men at CNC with reluctant spouses but none that I spoke to were deceiving their wives and I got the impression that those husbands did not participate in nude recreation very often.

Allen said...

Boyd, it is a shame that more men aren't honest about it.

John, I understand that this is really not much different than say, racing or boating. But to deliberately hide nudism from their wives is a deception we should not condone.

One suggestion I have is a note from the wives saying it is ok. Sounds childish, but this just might save a marriage.

Just my thoughts, but I can see where a couple could agree to do separate things.