Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nudist Training

I've talked about my Christian training because I believe that there are many people out there today who are training for similar tasks and will find themselves with similar training techniques. It was a total surprise to me when I finally found out why God had been schooling me. But this was only half of the training I was to get. Becoming a nudist is not an easy task and God had to prepare me AND my wife for such a task.

For me, it was simple. He built me so that clothes just don't hang on me. My pants fall off, My shirts don't stay tucked. I don't even like clothes. If you were to build a typical nudist, you would want to start with an Allen model and then leave it alone.

For my wife, the process wasn't as simple. In my first book, I tell the story of Carey's rise to nudism. She started out as a textile. She wore clothes to bed. She wore clothes to the store. She liked clothes. Clothes fit her. I think she even wore clothes in the shower, but I can't prove it. Finding a husband who thought clothes were a silly waste of time proved to be a training ground for her.
Our first discussion about going to a nudist park resulted in a long and specific talk about signals, ones that couples use to say, "I'm not comfortable and if you are not in the car once I get it started, you will walk home." She did, however, agree to go. It was way out of her comfort zone and stretched the level of trust between us.

Trust was the deciding factor. She knew I would not lead her to a place where I would hurt her or our marriage. She knew I loved her and believed with all her heart that I would not cheat on her. Believed used here is a miscommunication. She often laughs at the prospect of me cheating on her. She knows me too well. I wouldn't. She knew I wouldn't and it was not a decision she had to worry about.

What she had to worry about was thirty years of upbringing that said good girls keep their clothes on. Good girls don't. They don't have sex before marriage. They don't take their clothes off in public. They don't drink, smoke, or run around with men. While most of these are admirable qualities, nudity has been placed in this group without justification.

When the day to go to the park finally arrived, I was excited. Carey was nervous, but ready to go. The drive down gave us time to work on our nerves and to contemplate what we expected to find. Once the gate opened and we saw the place, it seemed somewhat of a let-down. It was clean, organized, and quiet. Quiet, I say. Quiet. People sat around the pool reading or napping. Others wandered around the park talking quietly. Then there were the older people who were just peacefully watching the other people doing quiet things.

Not that this was bad, but I had expected there to be naked people frolicking all over the park, running and jumping, and of course, prancing. We have all heard the term, prancing naked. Surely this must be some place where people prance naked. I couldn't understand why everyone was just sitting there. As we undressed at the car, I looked over at my wife to see how she was doing. She was quietly undressing and absorbing the atmosphere.

You see, quiet was what she wanted. Quiet was what I needed. Had there been prancing and frolicking, Carey would have bolted out of the gate, car, my clothes, and all.

That day, God built a nudist couple, one for which he had plans.

post script: You may ask about our son. God had that covered, too. For children, all you need is a pool and a bunch of other screaming children.

No comments: