Monday, December 1, 2008

Got Too Much, Already

I can't be sure, but I believe I already have too much. I have a mother and father who live near me. I work in a family business. I get along well with my step-mother. My sister and i still call each other when we are not visiting. I have a wife and son who love me. I have friends that often come and visit.

Who, and I ask this respectfully, can be any richer than this?

We are given life on earth. We can run, jump, and play. God sees to our needs and offers us more than we could ask for. So why don't we consider ourselves rich?

Jesus said, "I have come that you may have life and have it more abundantly." So is what I mentioned above the abundance? Well, yes and no.

Living an abundant life means filling your life with those things that matter and bring great joy to your life. Not every aspect of this is pleasant, but every aspect of an abundant life is rewarding. Just as childbirth is a straining and unpleasant part of becoming a family, it also ushers in a new enrichment that becomes part of the abundant life.

Finding what God has for your life fills the gaps of the abundant life. Learning to communicate with your spouse becomes part of a life filled to excess. Helping someone find hope in a desperate situation is a self rewarding essence of a rich life.

In all things, God prepares places for us to grow in spirit and love. These growths lay the foundation for expanding our lives and filling our hearts with those things that make life worth living.

Each of you who come here to hear me rant have made a special part of my life fulfilling and enjoyable. To each of you. I offer my sincere thanks for helping God make my life more abundant.

until something else pops in my brain...

1 comment:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Hi! Found you through Melanie Avila in Mexico...

Excellent post! I woke with the grumpies today, and your words have flipped that little switch in my head. Feeling better already. Thanks!