Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is There A Person Alive Who Would?

I often think I am something of a freak. I don't like wearing clothes. I don't think God cares about our dress or how we look. I do think He worries about me, though. Just think about it. If you were God, wouldn't you be a little concerned about turning something as important as leading a group of Christians to me might give God a little heartburn every time I make a mistake?

I find myself waking up at night to hear God talking to me about something I did that just wasn't right. Maybe I was unkind to my wife. Maybe I slighted someone, Perhaps it was just a little oversight on my part. God knew I would only listen if He had me sitting still and focused on Him. What a great time to choose.

I also notice that God finds me in bed at night to comfort me a well. Not that I deserve it, but in the midst of turmoil, He can simply wake me and give me a feeling of peace, and the next day is a delight, no matter what troubles await me. This is coming so often that I can now anticipate a troubling day just from His evening visit. I can only conclude from this that God has His hand on the situation.

If there is nothing in this world I want more is for a loving God to have control of my world.

till then...

No comments: