Monday, August 4, 2008

The CNC

For three years, I headed up the Christian Nudist Convocation. Along with some good support people and a handful of Christians who wanted more out of nudist life than a good tan and some wrinkles to be added at a later date. The weekend events took place at White Tail Resort with the help and full support of the owner, Bob.


God also offered workers to the field to help make the three weekends a success. Over the course on many email meetings and many hours of prayer, the weekends came together for the good of the community. We were talked about often. We were given the opportunity to be filmed for documentaries. But mostly, we were allowed to bring several groups of Christians together to worship God.

As small as this might seem, it really was huge. For the first time, many nudist Christians were able to be among their peers and worship Christ in the nude. For many, this was the first time they had the ability to meet other nudists who were Christian and to give the promise of Godly freedom a chance to work.

Even with all this excitement, I knew this was just another start I was making and that my mission now lay in another place. At the last CNC held at White Tail Resort, the torch was passed to another group to continue.

Did I mention that my gifts lie in apostleship? No, I am not an apostle like Paul or Peter. My gifts excel in starting new missions. I am good at getting new missions started, so long as God sends along a new person to continue the mission.

I hadn't ended my time with the CNC before a new and scary mission started forming. I had a vision of building a "denomination" of churches all housed inside the nudist resorts in the Us and abroad. I saw a time when we nudists would impact our community as much as our textile partners. I wanted to begin this project in earnest as soon as I could figure out how God wanted me to handle it.

Now here is where God shows His brilliance! He knew if I started this immediately, it would fail. He knew if I started this by myself, it would fail miserably. I needed experience and I needed help. Clearly, I had a vision, but I didn't have the abilities to carry this out.

Which brings us to the present. It has taken more time than I had hoped and I most passionately apologize for being so slow at getting to the meat of this blog, but I needed to show you the foundation before I could build this mission with your help.

God has a plan for us, that is the one writing this and the ones reading this. If you truly believe God can take a person such as me and build a community of Christians in the nudist world, please keep reading and PLEASE make comments. Our next post will begin to talk about the newest training ground for me and the people charged with helping.

Although I have given you an overview of the path so far, there are many things I had to leave out for lack of space. Please forgive me if I have to go back to retrieve some of those items and ideas in later posts.

Till then... Allen

No comments: