Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Learning Curve

I am convinced the good Lord has a plan for my wife and I. I know this because every time I begin to think he is finished with me another project emerges. Over the weekend, my wife and I enjoyed ourselves at White Tail Resort's Beach Fest. I thought that after all those parties the night before and the sun coming up in the same spot it normally does, the church would be empty and I would have a short service and be out from under the normal pressures of church life on Sunday. It didn't work out that way, however. With 20 people at service, I had to be on my toes and talking to the crowd with the utmost attentiveness. This is a feat best accomplished after plenty of rest and relaxation and not after a weekend of parties and dancing.

I am not upset that people showed up. It turned out to be a great Sunday to worship. I had a great time before going home to celebrate my OLDER sister's birthday. I only have one sister so adding the OLDER to sister's was for my benefit. It is comforting to know you have someone in my family that is older than me.

What I learned from all this is to be ready at any minute. The time I least expect to have a crowd i the time God finds an abundance to show up. The only thing I knew how to do was pray for divine guidance and to look for hope and strength in His light.

See ya next time.

No comments: