Friday, August 22, 2008

Why Naked?

I am often asked why I know God wants me to be a nudist. There are many reasons, but the most important one is He has a job for me in the nudist world.

First, let's correct the assumption that I believe God wants everyone to be a nudist. He doesn't, no more than He wants everyone to be a football player or sing. He made each of us different with different talents. His design for each of us is different. Therefore, His mission for each of us is different.

I got a better understanding of this several years ago when I met a man who played football professionally. I can't play football, so I thought perhaps we would have nothing in common. It wasn't until we were discussing God's missions for us that he mentioned his mission field was the football field. He could influence many people in a positive way if he used his football talents to give him a platform to talk about Jesus and about the Father's love for us.

I realized he was no different than me, although I certainly don't have the platform of the National Football league. My mission field is smaller and with less action, but it is as important as his is. The two of us share a common goal in two different arenas.

Why naked? Well it makes sense to me. I can be myself in the face of the Father. He sees me as He created me, faults and all. Even clothed He would see me this way anyway, but I feel closer to Him without the phony outer coverings between us.

I put it this way. God gave us clothing as a worker's protection. It was something that covered us and protected us from harm. Now, when we come home in the evenings and our pastor is coming over for dinner, I change my clothing from my work clothes to something the pastor would think appropriate for the occasion. when I meet with the God, I don't need to come to Him in my work clothes, dirty and stained. I need to approach Him in the clothing He gave me, my birthday suit.

In the world of Christian doctrine, our doctrine is somewhat controversial. I realize that, but what is so controversial about God seeing us naked? And if God can see us naked, what is so controversial about us seeing each other, brothers and sisters in Christ, naked?

Naked might be out of your comfort zone, but the process that got Christian nudists to Christ is the same process that textile Christians came to Christ, out of a need to be forgiven. Our own works, whether wearing clothes or saying 50 Hail Mary's, will never get us to heaven. Only the true form of love Jesus showed on the cross will bring our lives to the Father for forgiveness.

'till then...

Allen

No comments: