Thursday, October 16, 2008

Christianity on the Fringe

What do these groups have in common with us?

Bikers For Christ

Messianic Christians

Christian Hunters

Christian Pipe Smokers

Well, first they are Christians. Second, you won't see them invited to the the Normal Christians' Executive Ball. Neither will we. All of us are quietly walking along in the ditch on the Christian Road to Heaven. We are not the well known groups polite society associates with Christian behavior. We simply have a different outlook on one subject that distinguishes us from the rest.

I sometimes feel I have more in common with these groups than with mainstream Christian churches. They accept me for who I am.

As we approach the second coming of our Lord, you will see more of these groups appearing where we never thought there were Christians. Before I found Cheef, I thought my wife and I were the only Christian nudists in the world. Luckily, we have found many Christian friends scattered all over the world and I find this to be significant.

First, when we look back at the parable of the feast.

Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

The King sent out his servant to find the people who were not invited. The servant found the people in the market, in the fields, and on the road, walking along the ditch. He found us.

As a nudist, I am often asked how I can be a Christian. I tell them God invited me. I was the one in the ditch. Most people don't understand. But you will.

As we continue this next time, I want to talk about the Second Reformation and the gathering of the remnants left in all the small places.

till then...

No comments: