Monday, October 6, 2008

I Have a Plan!

I have a plan. I want the world around me to smile in joy, even if just for a short time or season. Now, to do this, I need a little help from my friends. (Yes, I was listening to Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.)

Here's what we do. Yes, I included you in my plan. Anyone who has been around me long will find I am very good at dragging my friends into service. Some people say that makes me a leader. Others say I am a slave driver. I think the best name given to me was encourager. Whatever you want to call me, my plan relies on your assistance.

1) Smile. Just take a minute and place a smile on your face. Don't worry that it is a fake smile you had to conjure while waiting for the coffee to kick the lights on. Just plaster a big old silly grin across your mug and wait for the world to smile back.

2) Close your eyes and listen to your mind play the hymn, "What a Friend We Have In Jesus."

3) Now, while the music is playing, let your mind wander over all the people you have encountered lately that could use a good friend. Think about the people on the internet you send jokes to and the people you receive them from. Think about everyone singing the tune you hear in your mind together.

4) Now, send the cast of people dancing through your head an email and tell them you love them and want to share a smile with them.

What will happen next? I haven't a clue. But I sure would like to know. For those brave of heart people willing to try this, sneak back over here and give us a report.

No comments: