Friday, October 31, 2008

Opening Up To The World

This post is not for everyone. Some people, for various reasons, can not do this. So, if you fall in this category, just enjoy my ramblings and we will catch you on another post.

Nudists, in general, are secretive. We don't like talking about our families, friends, or what we do for a living. We keep to ourselves so much that it becomes hard to really know someone. In our zeal to keep our textile world separate from our nudist world, we have lost the contact we dearly love.

Most people are shy. I say most people because there are individuals who make no bones about their lifestyle and have fewer problems letting the world know what a great time they have being nude. Others are more reclusive. They spend their energy finding ways to keep anyone from knowing.

Actually, I think both worlds have their merit. It is only a problem when the shy nudists collide with the open nudists in the textile world. Fear of outing someone makes us less likely to approach them and say, "Hi." Fear of being outed causes some others to flee the scene the second another nudist enters the world.

We miss the closeness and companionship when we fear being outed. So I offer this suggestion. If you see me out in the textile world, I won't out you. If you see me in the textile world, you have to promise not to treat me like I have a disease.

Fair enough?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't promise to not treat you like you have a disease. You're ugly.

I'm sorry. I should have resisted that. Forgive me?

I am not a shy nudist, when I'm with other nudists, but I don't want it known outside of nudist circles that I'm a nudist. Many "textile" Christians are convinced that nudism is okay only in one's bedroom or the doctor's office. Period.

*