Monday, January 19, 2009

So you want to be the boss

I find it odd that anyone would like to be the boss. Instead of having one person telling you what to do, everyone is telling you what to do.

I have never ventured far from the bottom of the totem pole when I could. I like the basic premise that I can sit at the back of a church and heckle the guy upfront for doing a better job than I ever could. That does not mean I get to do this very often.

For those who want to be a leader, I must caution you, God judges the leaders more severely than the followers. It is by this creed we must be certain we are called to lead. I have a co-pastor, John, who is a good strong leader in bible study, discernment and other area. He does not feel comfortable in the areas of public leadership or in most places where mercy and hope are needed. It is his makeup, how God built him. But he does a great job where he serves.

If we all could be so good at finding our niche, our own personal area to lead, the churches would be growing by multiples hereto unknown.

And that is the point! All of us are leaders of something. The secret is to find where we are supposed to lead and get out front.

So, until I see you leading me somewhere else, I'll stand by and watch the crowds run by...

Anyone need a ride back from DC?

No comments: